Cheers to all!
This is just the very basic information that we have for now. The parade
organizers only have a limited amount of information on their web site and are quite busy.
1. It’s a very long day – so if you have children riding or walking please have someone bring them when the parade starts moving so they won’t have to wait around for the entire duration.
2. Bring snacks – lots of them
3. Layer your clothing (We’re Tweed Riders, of course we layer our clothing!)
4. I (Mark Rainey) will have a first aid kits for our crew of riders.
4. We cannot hand out anything to the crowd once the parade starts moving. We can do it at the beginning or have people who work the crowd that are not part of the parade who can walk along the route.
5. With a group our size we need at least 2-3 ride/walk captains. BikeWalkKC will designate these after we get our participant list.
6. All participants will be required to sign an American Specialties insurance waiver.
The Google map is of the parade route.
Typically all entries report to staging by 9:30 a.m.
The parade starts at 11:00 a.m. on Saturday, march 17, 2012. It typically lasts about two or three hours – Our entry will start moving somewhere around 12:30 or so and will go to 2:30 or 3:30.
Everyone *must* wear a helmet to ride.
The registration link is below